Seminal New York alt-metal band Helmet have announced ‘The Best Of Helmet’ Australian tour, set to take place in April 2023. The rescheduled tour, originally slated for 2020 but called off due to the global pandemic, includes nine dates across Australia and will feature songs from their entire back catalogue.
Helmet have been cited as a musical influence for bands such as Silverchair, System of a Down and Faith No More. Prior to their first breakup in the late-’90s, they were touring with the likes of Korn and Limp Bizkit. The 2023 tour marks their first time in Australia since 2017.
Helmet – Unsung
Helmet formed in New York City in 1989, the brainchild of guitarist and vocalist Page Hamilton. Hamilton received a masters degree in jazz composition before starting Helmet, and the band’s fusion of avant-garde, hardcore and math-metal helped lay the foundation for the hard rock sound of the 1990s and 2000s. After many rotations, Hamilton remains Helmet’s only original member.
Helmet — The Best of Helmet Australian Tour 2023
- Thursday, 20th April — Cambridge Hotel, Newcastle
- Friday, 21st April — Roundhouse, Sydney
- Saturday, 22nd April — Republic Bar, Hobart
- Monday, 24th April — Rosemount Hotel, Perth
- Wednesday, 26th April — The Basement, Canberra
- Thursday, 27th April — The Tivoli, Brisbane
- Friday, 28th April — Croxton Bandroom, Melbourne
- Saturday, 29th April — Croxton Bandroom, Melbourne
- Sunday, 30th April — The Gov, Adelaide